Week 5: Writing for your Discipline
For this week’s assignment you will need to locate three sources on a topic of your choice and write a 3-page paper, double-spaced. The goal of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to:
- synthesize information from multiple sources
- locate peer-reviewed resources using the library databases https://lib.fit.edu/
- put together a well-organized and edited paper
- properly cite sources in APA format
- write for your discipline using formal language
For this paper you should include two journal articles from peer-reviewed sources from https://lib.fit.edu/ and one electronic source. Remember the exercises we did in Week 1 and apply this knowledge when choosing an electronic source (credible and reliable).
Be Sure to:
- Start each paragraph with a sentence or phrase that informs the reader of the topic.
- Clearly indicate which material comes from which source. Use lead-in phrases (According to Smith (2004)….) and in-text citations.
- Show similarities and/or differences between the different sources in ways that make the paper as informative as possible.
- Represent texts fairly. Remember, just because you are restating information in your own words, does not mean you are in anyway changing what the source says.