The simulation course is designed to expose students to managing an integrated, multifunctional business in a highly competitive global industry. Having gone through 6 quarters of the simulation experience, you used your strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills, to run a real business with all the complexities involved. You learned by doing and developed expertise, creating various scenarios.
You gained experience by working in a team, in a challenging global environment, in an intense competitive environment. You had businesses successes and failures, both of which provided valuable learnings, which you incorporated into your strategies and decisions going forward.
You will write a term paper in the form of a Report to the Board of Directors (of the company). The company name is ” PCsAreUs”
This paper is based on your experience over all the quarters played in the simulation, and as the CEO of your company, you will write objectively, and with candor. The Board of Directors of your company is comprised of top executives, whose expectations are for an excellent report, with substantiated facts, and no fluff.
Use as many examples as you can to show the logic which underpinned your decisions. Be sure you analyze, discuss and detail to explain both the Why and the How. Data should be used to back up your statements wherever necessary, e.g. market share, fixed capacity, balanced scorecard, sales compensation, financial statements etc. Points will be deducted if you dont substantiate your assertions with data.
Discuss your total experience, responding to the following questions and components:
The Report to the Board should include the following components:
1. Review the financial and market performance since the start of the firm
2. Highlight the key features of the firms strategy and how they evolved over the course of the past six quarters (SEE ATTACHMENTS)
* Overall corporate strategy
* Marketing strategy
* Sales Channel strategy
* Human Resource strategy
* Manufacturing strategy
* Financial strategy
3. Assess your current situation, including the market, competition and your firms strengths and weaknesses?
4. Summarize how you have prepared your firm to compete in the future.
5. What were the top three lessons learned?
* 10 pages, double spaced,12 pt. font, 1 margins.
* APA format for any sources that you cite. Should you require help in properly citing your sources in APA format, the ASC is a resource that you may want to use.