After exploring the content for this module, you should be ready to discuss the topics at a deeper level with your classmates. In order to understand the physiological basis for vaccines, we must first begin by studying the cardiovascular and lymphatic systems and how they participate in host immune defenses.
- You are receiving an intra-muscular vaccination in your right deltoid muscle. Examine how the cardiovascular and lymphatic systems participate in host immune defenses through responding to the following with a post of at least 300 words.
- Describe the anatomical locations of major organs in the cardiovascular and lymphatic systems.
- Differentiate how blood flow is different from lymph flow.
- Describe the homeostatic mechanisms that create a microbiota free environment in blood and lymph.
- Trace the path of the vaccine through the body and describe how it reaches all parts of the body via blood and lymphatic vessels.